Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It Hit Me

It finally HIT me that I am "mom" when my mom and aunt threw me a babyshower a few weeks ago. 
(and I have to say, they did a good job throwing it too)

I felt a little overwhelmed looking at all the pink stuff everywhere.
Not to mention all of the advice I heard from women over 40. Some of the things I was told:

"Make sure when you breastfeed that the whole NIPPLE goes in the babies mouth. Your nipples will crack and bleed, and it will hurt very badly"
"Just let that baby cry it out..."
"Your going to be so exhausted and want to kill yourself..."
"Diapers are going to kill you financially"
"You will be changing that baby 8 to 12 times a day"
"When you feel overwhelmed repeat 4 times, this too shall pass"
"Your vagina will go back to the way it was. Hopefully"


I just want to thank all the guests who really put me in reality.... so bluntly. I guess you all assumed I needed that! Thanks Thanks Thanks!! 




1 comments:

Tokyo Mama! said...

Looks like your baby shower was fantastic!! The cakes are making me crazy over here :) Yeah, I had a similar experience with my baby shower. So exciting!!!